Written by Ashley Lopez
Hi everyone, welcome back to Ashley Spills. Ashley, here. Today I want to write all things not giving a f*ck about what other people think.
Well, here’s a shocker—I still care about what others think about me. It’s hard not to. It’s a big practice, for me at least. It’s an art I’d like to master. What makes it difficult for me is that assumptions will never go away, even if you do stop caring. Someone will always think something about you.
Yes, at one point in my life I felt as if I was always being judged. Sometimes life feels like a constant show, like we’re always on a stage being ‘oooo’d’ and ‘ahhh’d’ at by everyone at our every move.
I’m going to share 3 tips to help you start not giving a damn. Remember that it’s a process and you’re not expected to become an expert today.
- Hang out with people who also don’t give a f*ck
- Remember to surround yourself around people who bring positive energy to your life. If this means strong people who can stand up for themselves and not be afraid to shine, then bring them your way. I know I want them in my corner.
- Remind yourself that you’re not the center of the universe
- This probably sounds contradicting since I am always pushing you to love you. What I mean by this is that although it can feel like we’re regularly being watched, we’re not. Honestly no one is paying attention and no one will notice if you’re hair and make-up isn’t done. Do you. Get comfortable being you.
- Put yourself out there in one way or another
- For me, it’s this blog that allows me to really get out there. Find a place for expression or just to be free that eases you into accepting your striking self. The more you let yourself become uninhibited the more you can practice letting go of the pessimistic weight of opinion from others that you think is there.
I don’t know if I’ll ever stop worrying about what others think, but I do know that I’m doing a lot better today than I was 1 year ago. The above tips helped me achieve milestones in my personal growth and I hope they can benefit you too. Together we can rewire our brain to evolve without giving a f*ck about what people think.
If you have any tips for me, please let me know in the comment section. This week I challenge you to stand up for yourself or tell someone how you really feel about something whether it be music, work, art, or love. Go on with your bad self.
Thanks for reading, xo.
Friendly reminder that will probably be at the end of each post until it happens. I am shifting over to a self-hosted website in the coming month (or months depending on my progress) so if you’re following through WordPress reader, please subscribe by email so you can get my post notifications when I migrate over. According to WordPress support, I can move my followers over, but the WordPress followers won’t be emailed, rather my posts will just appear on the reader page without any notice. Yes, I’ll still be Ashley-spills.com.